Herbal creams are far better than other creams. If prepared properly, these creams are soft, smooth and
Visibly nourish the skin. They don’t contain harmful chemicals like factory-made creams. So they don’t have any harmful side effect for your skin.
The best part,
Herbal creams are more than simply beauty treatment. They can also be very powerful in healing.
You can prepare them at your own home.
You must be thinking,
Why a Herbal Healing cream works?
The recipe we will be discussing here is filled with the best natural ingredients that can decrease inflammation and also promote healing of damaged skin.
Coconut oil and Shea butter are used in skin products as a very good moisturizer.
Cottonwood and calendula are used as anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial, which can protect against secondary infection of the skin.
Rosehip has extra-ordinary healing abilities. It can stop early aging effect and heal scars.
Tamanu oil is used for different kinds of skin problems, from eczema to acne to injuries.
Aloe is a soothing agent that prevents itching and promotes your new skin growth.
Lavender hydrosol and lavender essential, both oils are used as anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial.
Best thing about herbal creams are that they can be easily modified and experimented.
How You can Make Herbal Creams for Your Damaged Skin
- 25 grams coconut oil
- 20 grams shea butter
- 20 grams beeswax
- Cottonwood-infused grape seed oil(1/4 cup)
- Calendula-infused oil(1/4 cup)
- Rose hip seed oil(1/4 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons of tamanu oil
- Lavender hydrosol(1/3 cup)
- Aloe vera(1/3 cup)
- Lavender essential oils(30 drops)
Steps to Make the Herbal Healing Cream
- Weigh out beeswax, coconut oil and shea butter
- Measure out the oil in a separate container
- Heat beeswax, coconut oil and shea butter in a regular pan on a very low heat. Stir frequently until it is completely melted.
- Remove slowly and add oils. You may notice that they are thickening up the mixture bit. If needed, then return to low heat until everything is completely melted.( very good at low heat)
- Add the melted mixture in a container and mix them.
- If the butters and oils have been cooled down enough that they are not clear any longer, you can mix it in the waters
- Start mixing the oil mixture on high speed. Then slowly add it in water mixture. The two mixture combine and for luscious cream.
- Now mix in the essential oils.
- Your cream is ready. Just pour it into a clean jar.
The recipe will make around 12 ounces of cream. It will last for 6 month. Store it in cool and dry place. If you want to make more than 12 ounces, then just double or triple all the ingredients. If you want best results, then use 3 times a day. This cream can also be used as a very good cold cream.